Do you have an e-commerce website? In that case, I am sure you must have added all the modern features to make it compelling to your visitors. One such must-have feature is to add a Quick View option of your products. By adding this feature, you simply allow your visitors to have a quick look at the product without even clicking at it.
Basically, it is a pop-up description, that shows every time your visitor hovers the mouse over a particular product. The product will be zoomed in and you will have a better view without stepping out of your current page.
You must have already been familiar with this feature. This is a very common and popular feature that most popular e-commerce websites use.
If your site misses this feature, its time you add it too. Because it is a great way to convert your visitors as you are not only making their purchase easier but also letting them have a closer and better look at it before hitting the Buy button.
In today’s post lets talk about one such plugin that will make it easier for you to add the quick view plugin to your website. Even a novice with no professional knowledge can use it with ease.
So, let’s have a quick review of the plugin and see how it can make your entrepreneurial journey smoother.
About WooCommerce Quick View Pro
WooCommerce Quick Pro plugin can be your best buddy when it comes to creating an e-commerce website. The plugin fits amazingly into website dealing with fashion, food, wholesale, digital products, etc. and looks great in devices of all sizes. It works wonders with the latest versions of WordPress and shows brilliant compatibility with almost all modern themes and plugins.
As already mentioned above, this plugin lets you add the quick view feature to the products on your e-commerce website. By doing so you let your customers know the product better before they make a purchase. So in a way, it helps them take a better and informed decision about the product.
Quick View Pro has been loaded with amazing features to let you make things easier and quicker for the visitors. From displaying your products in beautiful lightboxes, adding different layout options for the display (which can be product only/description only or both), enabling zooming in options, integrate with 3rd party plugins and more the plugin lets you do everything with just a few clicks. This not only saves time but also all the money that you would otherwise spend on hiring a developer.
Let’s have a detailed look at the features that it offers.
Quick View Pro Features
As I have mentioned before, the plugin has been jam-packed with brilliant features. Here are some of them –
- Choose whether the quick view opens when you click on the product name/image, or whether to show a quick view button alongside the add to cart button.
- Customize the text on the quick view button, e.g. to ‘Configure’ or ‘Customize’ or anything of your choice.
- Choose whether or not to include an eye icon in the button. (You can also have an icon and no text if you prefer.)
- 3 layout choices for the content of the quick view lightbox:
- Image only (this is equivalent to the top left-hand side of the single product page) – contains main product image, plus product image gallery if available.
- Product details only (this is equivalent to the top right-hand side of the single product page with the product title, short description, purchase information, etc.).
- Both (2 column layout on desktops, stacks on mobile).
- Choose whether or not to enable the product gallery (where a product has more than 1 image). This appears as clickable thumbnails underneath the main product image.
- Choose whether or not to enable zoom when you hover over the product image in the quick view popup.
- Choose which product details to display in the quick view lightbox:
- Short description
- Add to cart button
- Meta information (e.g. categories, tags & SKU)
- Supports all the built-in WooCommerce product types:
- Simple products
- Variable products
- External/affiliate products
- Grouped products
- 3rd party integrations (note: no other quick view plugin on the market supports these):
- WooCommerce Product Table
- Product Add-Ons
- WooCommerce Product Bundles
- WooCommerce Composite Products
- Dynamic Pricing
- WooCommerce Deposits
- WooCommerce Wishlist Plugin
- Shows a success message and automatically closes after you add a product to the cart from the quick view window, which makes customers significantly more likely to buy additional products compared to shopping on the single product page.
- Integrates with the WooCommerce ‘Redirect to the cart page after successful addition’ option, which allows you to automatically redirect customers to the cart after adding a product from the quick view.
Installation and Settings
Installing the plugin on your WordPress site is a child’s play if you are familiar with WordPress. After the purchase, just download the plugin and save it on your computer. Now go to your WordPress dashboard>Plugins>Add New. You will have an option to browse through your downloads and upload the file here. Once done click on the Activate button to let it start working.
Side Tip: Being an addon, this plugin will work only alongside the WooCommerce plugin only which can be downloaded from here.
Now that all your installation and activation process is over, go to WooCommerce>Settings>Products>Quick view. You will have the following page on your screen.
In the beginning, you will see an empty field which asks you to fill the license key. Filling it up is important. Because unless you do that, your plugin will not start working. Provide the license key in the box dedicated for it. You will have it in your mail which was sent to you at the time of purchasing the plugin.
Now scroll down the page. You will have several options here. Let’s look at each of them.
Opening The Quick View
Under this, you will have 2 different options. These options work on how your customers open the quick view lightbox from the WooCommerce shop page and archive pages. Depending on your requirement select the one that best fits your need. You can also choose both the options if you want.
The 1st option adds a link just before the Add To cart button using which your visitors can have a zoomed in version of the product image. The 2nd option is still in the experimental phase so it may or may not work with all themes. But if it works with your theme, your visitors will be able to open the quick view option simply by clicking n the image or product name.
Button Text and Button Icon
Under this, you can customize the text that appears in the button. You can also control the look of the button. By checking the box next to the icon option, you let the eye icon appear on your product. you can also leave the text option blank if you do not want any text on it.
Quick View Contents
This option will let you have full control over the quick view lightbox layout. By clicking on the drop-down arrow you will have 3 different options. They are Image only, Product Details only, Image and Product only. You must have got an idea which one to choose from these.
The image only options will let you display only the product picture. Similarly, the product details only option will let you add the details without the image. You can choose either of these or both depending on which one you want. Ideally its better if you choose the last option.
Under this option, you have control of the product images. You will not have this option if you disable the images option under the Quick view option. Generally, there are 2 options under this. Enable Gallery and Enable Zoom. The 1st one lets your visitors have a bigger view of the products by clicking on them.
The 2nd one does the same thing, but visitors do not have to click on the product for an enlarged view of the products. Just hovering the mouse over the product makes it happen.
The final result will show like this.
This is the final option. As the heading says, you can add details of your product under this part. This option will appear only if you enable your product details to be displayed on your site. So you can tick the ones, you want under your product.
Check the boxes for reviews, price, description and add to cart to be displayed under your product. The last one can be kept unchecked. But if you want the meta description to show, you can check this box as well. The result will show like this.
Once done hit the save button for the options to reflect on your website.
The plugin has been very well documented. It comes with a very well answered set of probable questions that will clear all your doubts. This includes pre-sales questions, installation and settings questions, troubling shooting questions and a list of FAQs.
The plugin comes under 3 different pricing plans. Each comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Personal License: This plan is available at $79 and you can use the product on 1 site only. You will also get free email support and automatic updates with it
- Business License: This lets you use the product on up to 5 different sites at an amount of $139 You will also get free priority support and automatic updates with this plan
- Agency License: Under this, you can use the product on up to 20 sites by paying $279. You will also get free email support, automatic updates and free plugin audits and advice
The WooCommerce Quick View Pro is an amazing plugin to let your visitors have a better look at the product before they make the final purchase. if you want to help your visitors have a better idea of your products add this plugin now.
If you’re still not sure what does it look like installed on a site, don’t forget to open the demo and test everything. You will definitely love it.